SCCM Patch Management with Matrix42PRLog (Press Release) – Feb. 26, 2014 – LONDON, ENGLAND: Matrix42 (www.matrix42.com), a top provider of software for workspace management today launched its Patch Catalog for SCCM to complement traditional SCCM patch management.
The new add-on makes it possible to recognize many different non-Microsoft applications in Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) and SCCM, significantly enhancing the existing SCCM client management environment. Major security vulnerabilities related to widely used non-Microsoft applications can now be reliably addressed with SCCM.
With the new Matrix42 Patch Catalog, SCCM administrators can now also update non-Microsoft applications using established SCCM methods. The add-on is based on Matrix42 Patch Management, which is widely used within the client management market. The vast and constantly expanding catalog is now accessible to Microsoft SCCM customers. Administrators can thus also update non-Microsoft applications using standardized workflows in SCCM. The result is a significant reduction in the time required for the monthly patching process, without adversely affecting security.
Patch Microsoft Windows Plus 37 Other Applications
The add-on supports centralized patch management for all Windows systems, as well as for leading applications from 37 other popular software manufacturers such as Skype, Firefox, Sun Java, Apple, and Adobe. More than 2,000 products are supported with over 89,000 different patches. Customers can also request the addition of other applications into the catalog.
Advantages of Matrix42 Patch Catalog for SCCM
* Immediately applying new patches lessens the risk to business by protecting systems from the latest threats
* More efficient use of IT resources by relieving staff of time-consuming administrative tasks to allow more time for strategic activities
* Less time spent searching for patches and conducting tests
* No need for additional components when installing new patches and updates for the most widely used non-Microsoft applications
* More applications covered means increased security
* Use of well-established workflows and reporting techniques resulting from complete SCCM integration
According to Roland Schäfer, Senior Product Manager at Matrix42, “Together with our technology partner, Shavlik, we currently offer more than 1,000 Matrix42 customers an attractive solution for patch management whose core added benefit is now also available to Microsoft SCCM customers. The new add-on provides security, helps save time, delivers significant structural improvements, and creates new opportunities to address other IT challenges.”
For more information please visit http://www.matrix42.com/en/modules/view/Matrix42-Patch-Ca…